Identity Theft Protection
Think you don’t need Identity Theft Protection? Think Again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Rampant data breaches, impacting millions of records, are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone – regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are.
Restoring your identity on your own can be time consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up, potentially leaving them to contend with ruined credit, fraudulent bills, and even criminal records.
Pony Express Community Bank is delighted to provide
identity theft recovery services to all of our Express
Club Checking accounts at no cost.
We have partnered with one of the nation’s most trusted names in Identity Theft Protection to provide you with a comprehensive Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery Service.
Fully managed identity theft recovery
If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity theft for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters and make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
Your Recovery Advocate can complete the recovery work on your behalf, report on progress along the way, and be there for you until your good name is restored—no matter how long it takes!
Coverage for all types of identity fraud
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your accounts with Pony Express Community Bank! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission.
Lost document replacement
If you have an important document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of an identity theft incident or information compromise, we can help! Just let us know and we will refer you to a professional Recovery Advocate who will work with you to replace your missing documents, including credit cards. Your Recovery Advocate will work with you to contact creditors, cancel the compromised information, and obtain replacement documents.
Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery services automatically extend to cover three generations of your family (3G), including:
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Dependents under age 25 with the same permanent address
- IRS-qualified dependents
- Parents living with you or in elder care (nursing home, assisted living, or hospice)
All 3G family members are covered for a full 12 months after death as well—an important benefit as identity thieves target deceased individuals.
Identity theft expense reimbursement
Expense Reimbursement Insurance is available to cover out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $10,000*. Examples of covered expenses include attorneys’ fees, costs of additional credit reports, long distance telephone calls, postage and handling fees, fees for notarizing affidavits, and document and filing fees for grants or credit applications rejected as a result of a stolen identity event. Lost wages due to time off from work are also covered. See Terms and Conditions of Identity Theft Recovery Services for additional details. To review the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance Evidence of Coverage, please click on “Personal Banking” under “Banking Services”.
* Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available in NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.
Safeguard your information
Take steps now to avoid identity theft by protecting your personal information:
- Secure your Social Security number - only share this information when necessary
- Don’t respond to unsolicited requests for your personal information by phone, mail, or online
- Change your password and email combinations for online services frequently
- Store personal information in a safe place at home and work
- Shield keypads when typing your passwords on ATMs and credit card machines
- Review your credit report once a year to ensure no unauthorized accounts have been opened
- Review account statements for any unauthorized charges
- Collect mail promptly and put it on hold if you are away from home for several days
Terms and Conditions of Group Identity Theft Recovery Services
1. The Group Identity Theft Detection and Recovery Services (“Services”) are offered through a group services agreement between the sponsoring financial institution (“Program Sponsor”) and NXG Strategies, LLC (“NXG”), and are extended to consumers who meet the covered account eligibility requirements defined by the Program Sponsor (“Eligible Consumers”) and, unless otherwise stated, their eligible family members described as “3G Family” below. Eligible Consumers and 3G Family are collectively referred to as “Group Members”.
2. NXG utilizes one or more providers to deliver the Services to Group Members (“Service Providers”).
3. 3G Family is defined as the Eligible Consumer, and his/her spouse or domestic partner, dependents in the household up to age 25, other IRS qualified dependents in the household, and parents living at the same address as the Eligible Consumer, or living in hospice, assisted living, or nursing home. Group Members are eligible for the Services for up to 12 months after death.
4. Access to the Services (“Benefits Period”) begins when the Eligible Consumer first meets the Eligibility Requirement, and ends when the Eligible Consumer no longer meets the Eligibility Requirement or when Program Sponsor terminates the Group Program, whichever occurs first. You may find additional information about the Services and the Eligibility Requirement at the Program Sponsor’s website.
5. Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery. The Services provide professionals to manage the detection, investigation, and remediation of incidents of identity fraud caused by Identity Theft. “Identity Theft” is defined as fraud that involves the use of any combination of a Group Member’s name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, bank or credit/debit card account number, or other identifying information without the knowledge of the Group Member, and such information is used to commit fraud or other crimes. Only Identity Theft incidents that are discovered and reported during the Benefits Period will be covered by the Services. For the purpose of this part of the Services, Eligible Consumers include all named account holders who meet the Program Sponsor’s Eligibility Requirement, and, if applicable, each Eligible Consumer’s 3G Family.
6. Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance. The Services include reimbursement for expenses incurred in identity theft recovery up to the limit of $10,000 for Eligible Consumers and qualifying family members. Identity theft expense reimbursement insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available in NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future. More information can be found at the Program Sponsor’s website.
7. The Services may assist the Group Member in seeking reimbursement for funds stolen in the Identity Theft incident, and/or providing assistance for filing a claim for insurance, but do not provide a guarantee of reimbursement for financial losses of any kind arising from the Identity Theft incident.
8. NXG, For itself and its service providers, makes no express, implied or statutory representations, warranties, or guarantees in connection with the services, relating to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any information or material contained or presented in the services, nor implied warranties arising out of course of performance, course of usage, or otherwise in connection with any service or solution. NXG does not warrant that the services shall operate error-free or uninterrupted. to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the services, and any information or material contained or presented through the services, are provided to you on an “as is,” “as available” and “where-is” basis with no warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. NXG does not offer any warranty of any kind regarding third party data, software,systems or other technology.
9. The Services are non-transferable and non-cancelable by the Group Member and have no cash equivalent. There is no fee for the Services,whether accessed by the Group Member or not; however, the covered account or service to which the Eligibility Requirement is attached may have a fee unrelated to the Services, based on the provisions of the account/service agreement that the Eligible Consumer has with the Program Sponsor.
10. The successful completion of the Services described herein depends on the cooperation of the Group Member. The Services may be refused or terminated if it is deemed that the Group Member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her responsibilities as part of the Services, or has obtained the Services knowingly without meeting the Eligibility Requirement. The Services will not be refused or terminated due to the complexity of an identity theft case.
11. The services do not include credit counseling or repair to credit not affected by fraud or identity theft.
12. The Services are only available to residents of the United States. The Services are performed with agencies and institutions in the United States, or territories where U.S. law applies.
13. To access the Services, Eligible Consumers can consult the website of the Program Sponsor or contact the local branch office of the Program Sponsor.